India Visa Online | Tourist Visa | Business Visa | Medical Visa
What is electronic Indian Visa (India e-Visa)?
An e-Visa is a visa issued by the Indian Government to travelers who wish to visit India for both business and tourism.
It is an electronic version of the traditional Visa, which will be stored on your mobile device (smartphone or tablet). An e-Visa will allow foreigners into the country without having to go through any hassle at all.
India Visa Types
- e-Tourist Visa: This visa is for tourists who plan to visit India for sightseeing, recreation, and meeting friends or relatives.
- e-Business Visa: This visa is for foreign nationals who intend to visit India for business-related purposes such as attending conferences, meetings, or setting up a business venture.
- e-Medical Visa: This visa is for foreign nationals who need to travel to India for medical treatment.
- e-Medical Attendant Visa: If you are visiting the country to accompany a patient who will be getting medical treatment in India, then this is the e-Visa you should apply for. It a short term Visa and is valid only for 60 days from the date of entry of the visitor into the country. Only 2 Medical Attendant Visas are granted against 1 Medical Visa, which means that only 2 people would be eligible to travel to India along with the patient who has already procured or has applied for a Medical Visa.
- e-Conference Visa: This visa is for foreign nationals who plan to visit India to attend a conference, seminar, or workshop.
Eligibility Requirements for Indian Visa Online
To be eligible for an Indian e-Visa, foreign nationals must meet the following requirements:
- Passport: The applicant must have a valid passport with at least six months validity from the date of arrival in India.
- Purpose of Visit: The applicant must have a valid reason for visiting India and must select the appropriate e-Visa category.
- Intended Duration of Stay: The applicant must have a clear plan for the duration of their stay in India, which cannot exceed 60 days.
- Return Ticket: The applicant must have a return ticket or an onward journey ticket to their next destination.
- Sufficient Funds: The applicant must have sufficient funds to support themselves during their stay in India.
- Passport Scan: The applicant must have a scanned copy of their passport’s bio-data page in PDF format, which must be uploaded while applying for the e-Visa.
- Digital Photograph: The applicant must have a digital photograph in JPEG format that meets the Indian e-Visa photo requirements.
- Travel Itinerary: The applicant must have a travel itinerary that includes details of their accommodation in India and their travel plans within the country.
- Not on Restricted List: The applicant must not be on the Indian government’s list of restricted persons or organizations.